If you want your business trip to Spain to be as successful as it can be, it would be wise to learn a few phrases in Spanish to make a good impression with people you are trying to set up good relations with. Spanish employers, colleagues and clients will really appreciate your efforts to learn their native language. Here are a few to begin with:
1. Encantado/a * de conocerle. – Pleased to meet you. * If you are female, use “Encantada”
2. Le presento a mi compañero/a (name) – I’ll introduce you to …
3. Quisiéramos hablar del asunto de … – We would like to talk/discuss the matter of …
4. En mi opinión – In my opinion
5. En nuestra opinión – In our opinion
6. Tengo una pregunta – I have a question
7. ¿Podría explicar …? – Could you explain …?
8. ¿Para cuándo lo necesita? – When do you need it by?
9. ¿Podría interrumpir? – May I interrupt?
10. Podría darme su contacto y tarjeta de presentación? – Could you give me your contact information and business card?
11. Gracias por su tiempo – Thank you for your time
In order to deal with a full business trip you may benefit from taking a few lessons before you go. We arrange Spanish for Business courses – find out more here: Corporate Spanish.