Portuguese is growing in popularity and we have recently seen an increase in the number of enquiries for Portuguese lessons. With over 200 million Portuguese speakers in the world it is the third most spoken language in the western hemisphere and the most spoken language in the southern hemisphere. It is the official language of ten countries including Portugal, Brazil, Mozambique, Angola and Cape Verde. The strengthening of the Brazilian economy is creating huge potential for growth, making Portuguese an excellent choice of language to learn particularly for business.
According to UNESCO “Portuguese along with Spanish are the fastest growing European languages after English.”
Why are people learning Portuguese?
• To communicate more easily with Portuguese relatives, friends or colleagues.
• For business and work purposes – to take advantage of a growing economy (Brazil).
• To emigrate or retire to Portugal or Brazil.
• To learn a new language for holidays and foreign travel.
• Simply for pleasure, a new hobby or an exciting new challenge.
How can our Portuguese tutors help you?
- Our Portuguese tutors teach all levels, from complete beginners to advanced learners as well providing full preparation and confidence building for GCSE or A-level exams.
- Tailor-made lessons to suit your individual needs and learning style; whether you are learning for business, holidays or for pleasure, your tutor will create a suitable course plan for you. Whether you want to practise conversation and improve your speaking skills, learn the important grammar rules or need listening practice, your tutor will build your confidence and help you improve your skills in all areas that you wish to concentrate on.
- Learn and progress quickly with one-to-one tuition or in small groups with friends, family or colleagues.
- Convenience and flexibility: Portuguese tuition can take place at your home or office at a time to suit you. We can also cater for busy schedules and offer a flexible booking service. Alternatively, you may prefer online lessons by Skype, which are an effective and efficient way of learning a language.
Business Portuguese Courses
These lessons are ideal for employees who deal with clients and offices in Portugal or Brazil. The aim of these courses is to help you use Portuguese in a day-to-day business environment and to improve your skill set in the target language. The Portuguese tutor will teach you skills such as making a phone call, sending an email, giving a presentation in Portuguese and perhaps most importantly tips on understanding native Portuguese speakers. The course can focus on and cover vocabulary suited to a specific industry.
If you would like to find out more about our Portuguese tuition contact us or call (01733) 573467 / 07870699404.