You will learn how to greet the locals, take a taxi, check in at the hotel, order food and drinks, ask for directions, go shopping and deal with emergency situations.
The course is based on authentic dialogues between a native speaker and a tourist.
Here is a review from someone who recently downloaded the course:
On first impressions, the course looks nicely laid out, with a professional feel and with an easy user interface.
I purchased this course, as I visit my uncle in Spain at least once a year, and where he lives, hardly anyone speaks English. I have a basic understanding of the language, but wanted a course that gave me a good understanding of the language in leisure situations. This has ticked all of the boxes for me.
• Conversation is with a native Spanish person, giving me experience of the accent and speed at which they speak.
• I could print off the vocabulary sheets of the phrases and words used in the course, which avoids me needing to carry a thick phrase book around. I can fold it up and put in my back pocket for easy reference.
• The course is split into nice small bite-size sections, allowing you to just do 20 minutes a day (which is what I did), and not have to worry about stopping half way through a section to continue the next day.
• At the end of each section, there are listening, speaking, reading and writing exercises so I can see how much I have learnt. What I did was, if I didn’t get a lot of it right, I went back through and did the section again until I did get most or all the exercises correct, and then moved onto the next section. I found these exercises a great help.
• There is a section on emergency situations, which is not something I would have thought of learning. Hopefully I won’t have to use it, but it’s comforting to know I have the vocabulary should I need it.
• For me the biggest advantage to this course is that I can access the course on my computer, phone and tablet. I can do the course on my computer at home then pick right up where I left off on my phone/tablet whilst on my commute to/from work etc.
I’m struggling to think of any cons, but if I was to be picky, once you’ve marked a section as complete, the menu goes grey, making it harder to read afterwards (not the course itself), but that’s just me.
This course has greatly increased my Spanish vocabulary, and I was able to practice my grammar knowledge whilst doing the exercises, which resulted in improving my understanding of verbs etc too.
In my opinion, I think this course is ideally suited to someone who already has some basic knowledge of the language and wants to be able to speak confidently when on holiday.
I would highly recommend this course. – Marc Sampson
If you would like to purchase the course click here.